During the warmer summer months, most businesses are taking things at a slower pace. Team members and clients are away on holidays so projects often get shelved or take longer to complete. Big decisions are put off and deals are put on hold.
But now it’s almost September and time to get back at it. This is a great time to take a look at what is working and what is not.
Here are a few tips to get you back in the swings of things:
1. Remind yourself why you started your business. Think about the ‘fire in your belly’ that started all of this. Think about what you wanted to create and how you wanted to grow as an entrepreneur. Think about what is working well in your day to day operations.
2. Then look at what’s not working and figure out how to change it.
3. Look at your goals – have you been hitting the milestones you put in place?
4. Examine the areas of your business that have been most profitable.
5. Examine the areas of your business that have been least profitable
6. Look at your businesses policy’s and procedures – are these in place or have you been putting this task off indefinitely. Now might just be the time to finally get them in writing.
7. Look at your marketing plan. Have you been staying on top of updating and testing and measuring well thought out marketing strategies?
8. Identify resources and education that will help you reach lagging goals. Do you need to hire a new employee, invest in a course or buy new technology?
9. Go to events or networking groups to reconnect with associates and referral partners.
10. Call clients that were on vacation
Hopefully, these tips will help you get back into the swing of things. And as the busy fall months come upon us don’t forget to take care of yourself. Life and business can be stressful. Even if you love what you do, there will be days that will take a toll on you. Don’t forget to get lots of sleep, eat well, exercise and take time for yourself and loved ones.