Online digital lead generation is similar to offline lead generation in the way that it is the process of attracting and engaging leads. You want prospective customers to find your content, follow you on social media, sign up for your email list, and pay attention to what you are offering.
The challenge in determining how to generate leads online (or digitally) is the sheer scope of options. There are many great digital marketing techniques ranging from search to social to improving the digital experience available through your website. The main goal of your online efforts, though, is to get more traffic to your website (or landing pages) and to increase sales from that traffic. Internet marketing and online brand development (with the goal of building awareness that converts to traffic) are important to all businesses, large and small.
In time, you’ll come to learn that not all digital marketing strategies are equally effective, and you’ll pick the best of the best for your business. At first, you’ll probably need to simply begin building your digital presence and getting your brand out there. An actual return on investment (dollars from your efforts) can take a while to start happening. It’s good to prepare in advance for this so you’re not left feeling frustrated and defeated.
Where to start? It’s common for business owners to jump right in and start trying out every new online tactic that crosses their path. Yet what’s most important for sustainable growth is a plan to effectively engage with and grow your audience.
Below is a quick list of popular and important avenues businesses can use to build a plan. Learn the fundamentals to run these programs yourself. This way when you do hire a specialist, you know what results you’re looking for. Invest in your ability to be an effective marketer in the future!
1. Google my business listing: This is a free listing on Google’s local business directory and includes information about your company, like address, business hours, website and reviews. To get started, simply claim your listing on Google my Business. Pair up with Google Analytics tools to see what users do after they view your listing. Are they looking up driving directions? Are they viewing the pictures you put up?
2. Create an irresistible lead magnet: This is a valuable freebie that you give your customers in exchange for their email address. It can be a guide, checklist, cheat sheet, quizzes, videos or audios (podcast).
3. Dedicated landing pages: A landing page is the heart and soul of lead generation. When your content directs a visitor to your website’s homepage instead of a dedicated landing page, you lose a potential lead. Visitors get distracted on the homepage and never do what you want them to do: which is get on your email list! But a dedicated landing page has only one goal, and that is to capture a visitor’s information.
4. Use social media share buttons/icons: Share buttons make it easy for readers to share your content with their friends and associates on their social media accounts. Social media buttons have been around for a while. At first, nobody knew what value they could bring but now we know that the presence of share buttons results in mentions, shares, and real engagement. You can also leverage your network of subscribers by giving them an easy way to share your email newsletters, your freebies, and your content. And lastly, try putting your icons under your email signature. The more exposure, the better.
5. Facebook Messenger Bot: If you want to engage new prospects without being on Facebook 24 hours a day, you can assign a messenger bot to do this for you! ManyChat works with Facebook Messenger “chats” with your leads and drives up conversions.
6. Add an exit-intent popup to your website – Most visitors leave your website before they become subscribers. The exit intent popup reminds visitors to enter their information (name and email) before hopping off the specific web page.
by Wendy Fedoruk
Free Download – 47 Lead Generation Hacks plus a Workable Marketing Strategy Template
by Wendy Fedoruk