HARO is an online service for journalists to obtain feedback from bloggers. It enables them to connect with experts and entrepreneurs on issues relevant to their reporting. What this means for you and your brand is ‘exposure’. HARO enables you to tell your story on a national level that may not be readily available for your company. HARO distributes more than 50,000 journalist queries from highly respected media outlets each year and reaches more than 800,000 sources making it a vital tool for brands and reporters alike. HARO is owned by Cision, a global media intelligence company.
The process to request to be a guest blogger is simple as well. You just sign up, and 3 times a day, you get an email containing a huge list of queries from reporters looking for sources for their stories. You might just have the exact blog or article right at your fingertips.
Tips for getting your blogs and articles published by HARO:
- Don’t pitch irrelevant products: This one seems obvious but it happens.
- Show your talents and expertise: A reporter won’t want to quote just anyone in their article so make sure they know why you are a great source. They will not take the time to determine if you a credible expert, so demonstrate it through a concise summary of your background and qualifications.
- Respond as soon as you see the inquiry: Speed is the most important factor for responding to queries. Respond to queries quickly (but thoroughly) to boost your chances of being quoted.
- Make sure that the effort is worth your time: When deciding whether or not to answer a query base it on whether or not a particular will actually benefit your company. For example, does the publication align with your ideal client demographics and would the link look good on your company’s press page?
- Follow-up: When the journalist quoting you has their article go live be sure to let the world know. Email the article to your database and post to all your social media channels. Be sure to send a big thank-you to the reporter and connect with him/her through B2B channels like LinkedIn. This way you just might get an opportunity to be used as a source for future projects.
HARO is most definitely a unique lead generation source. Try it out.
Free Download – 47 Lead Generation Hacks plus a Workable Marketing Strategy Template
by Wendy Fedoruk