One of the biggest mistakes my small business clients make is not connecting and offering value through email right from the start.
New business owners are usually not aware of the huge value in email marketing. Instead of allocating email marketing the time it deserves, they focus on creating content, social media, paid ads and SEO.
Putting email marketing on the back burner leaves a lot of money on the table. Here are some reasons why email marketing is not dead:
- It’s a great way to get people to visit or revisit your website or blog, and more traffic usually equates to more income
- It’s a cost efficient and inexpensive way to advertise your company
- Email marketing allows you to keep your clients informed and you can write very specific value-added marketing messages for them
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media
- 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method
- The “opt-in” feature of email allows marketing by consent (meaning they actually WANT to receive an email from you)
The latest in email marketing is using video emails to increase the likability factor and build relationships with people in your email database. The click-through rate is 96 percent higher than non-video emails.
Because of the amount of web noise these days you can improve the odds of capturing your ideal client’s attention by offering a gift or freebie in exchange for an email address. This is called an email opt-in ‘lead magnet’. So don’t wait to start email marketing. Start right away and keep getting better.
Free Download – 47 Lead Generation Hacks plus a Workable Marketing Strategy Template
By Wendy Fedoruk